Fast and easy 15-minutes grilled king prawns with zesty chimichurri sauce. Great for a summer barbecue or when you just want a fast and delicious meal for dinner.
I realised a lot of things have changed once I grow older, for example my preference for food. I have no idea why and how it got triggered. Like when I used to hate eggplants and avocado a lot when I was a kid but now I can no longer imagine the world without them.
Or like I used to drink sweet iced tea all the time but now I dislike drinks that are sweetened with sugar because I feel even thirstier after sipping it. And when I used to eat beef and pork all the time but now I can’t eat meat for three days straight without feeling really bloated inside. I opt for more seafood and vegetable instead. I still love chicken though.
I have no idea why my taste bud has changed over time. I guessed as your body matures, every element within your body including your taste bud matures with you?
Enough talking about this. Bottom line is, as long as my love for seafood still continues, I want to show off my seafood cooking skills. #shameless
Like these prawns with chimichurri sauce, which you probably have cooked this yourself. But I still want to share the recipe. It’s really simple to make. Just heat up the grill pan and cook the prawns in butter. Then slather those prawns with this amazing sauce generously. Eat with a side of salad or potatoes or rice. I had this with steamed cauliflower the other day and it was so satisfying.
And if you don’t want to use a food processor – which sounds like me most of the time not because I don’t have one but because I hate washing it – don’t fret. I mean, it’s not really a fast and easy meal anymore if you are going to spend more time washing the dishes than the actual cooking process, am I right?
I actually didn’t use food processor to make my chimichurri – I used this super versatile tool called knife. Just chop the herbs extra finely until your hands are numb from the constant shake and mix them with the liquid ingredients. There you have your chimichurri sauce.
For the leftover, use it for other proteins like salmon or beef or lamb. It’s really versatile. I’ve even tried it on roast potatoes before and it works quite well too.
- 400 gr king prawns or large shrimps, peeled and deveined with tails intact
- 20 gr butter
- Chimichurri sauce:
- 3 tbsp of fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
- 1/2 tbsp dried oregano leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 shallot
- 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- To make chimichurri sauce, place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until combined. Alternatively, chop all herbs, garlic and shallots until very finely and combine them with the rest of the ingredients in a bowl.
- Melt butter on a grill pan over high heat and cook king prawns for 1.5 minute each side or until golden brown.
- To serve, spoon chimichurri sauce over the prawns and serve with a side of salad, potatoes, rice, or steamed vegetables.